Friday, August 19, 2011

Its been a while...

Hello world! It's good to talk to you again. It's been a while, I know, I'm sorry. But damned if life hasn't been jam packed with awesome and amazingness. A lot really has happened since my last post. I suppose I should try to sum it up as best I can. But how to do that?
a poem? ... to verbose
paragraphs?... too long
photographs?... I don't have enough
bullet points?... well i've already started so why not continue

So here we go, my attempt at summing up my time from Humboldt through Kensington/San Francisco and on to Santa Cruz.

HUMBOLDT
- Backyard halfpipe with 7-30 year olds at the same time
- Tempurpedic mattress
- Fullbody wetsuit longboard Surfing with the cousins
- Playing soccer with a full grown black German Shepard
- X-Games watching with the fam after dinner
- Farming on the hill
- Swimming at broken bridge/ swimming the rapids with the kids/ jumping off the rocks-bridge (simply gorgeous)
- Surfing again (man im starting to get the hang of this whole surfing thing)
- Backyard Bonfire with family and friends
- so much more... it was an amazing time to just slow down and do things as they came up rather than push so hard to make things happen.

This leg of my journey really helped me to solidify my affirmation in taking the time I need for me to do what I want/need and not worry so much about what other think or how they are doing. Life goes on and people will still be there. There isn't an immediate need to constantly be in contact with everyone and everything at all times.

BAY AREA

- 4 hour drive down with my Aunt non-stop calling/texting to see where we were at (love you Karen)
- Chilling by the pool
- mini-drive to Kensington with Momma Bean (my nic-name for my mom)
- Dropped off at my new place to live with a bed and dresser already set up for me and a great welcoming by Reuben and his Dad, David.
- Unpacking and setting up and feeling a smile well up inside me that I have arrived and a new journey has just begun.
- Dinner/Dancing/late night shenanigans with Reuben and two of his friends from Piedmmont (I could do a whole entry on this but probably should not...)
- "Best day in the bay" with Carin Johnson (if you don't know her you are missing out)
- Gardening for three days straight... getting nowhere and still loving every second of it
- RAMBLER: reuben's dog that is the sweetest and most loving dog (except for your dog of course)
- Goal setting by Lake Anza
- Illegal Rock jumping with high school kids, doing a 1 1/2 flip off the rock and feeling awesome about it. A helicopter showed up to tell everyone to stop swimming. then as we left a cop showed up to issue fines... luckily we were already dried off and walking out at that point. Some people had to swim across the lake to get away :) ahhh i love to excessive nature of law enforcement.
- Failed attempt to hike Mt. Diablo... apparently dogs are not allow on the trails. bummer
- Kensington Farmers market: Helping out and truly feeling apart of the town and that this whole west coast thing is going to be amazing. (oh and getting free food is a killer perk)
- Bike ride to Ceasar Chavez park at Berkeley Marina. Riding out on the pier and feeling like I'm in the bay. What an awesome day that one was
- All the late nights playing ping pong in the garage
- Job hunting: having possibilities show up so quickly (thanks friends)
- Bus ride on the 17 to Santa Cruz: surprisingly mild and easy to handle.

And here I am in Santa Cruz about to get picked up by my mom and head out for dinner. Gonna chill here for a few days then my brother Seth has invited me down to Big Sur for a camping and surfing trip. How fuggin ideal is that?

All of this vacation time is soon too end as job hunting will eventually (hopefully) turn me back into a normal human being with responsibilities and such. I seem to have rediscovered my playful side that has been missing for so long. I have found myself not only saying "why not?" when asked if I want to do something random, but I'm also seeking out these types of things. Like making a kite from scratch (ill update you on how well it goes when it's done). Like jumping off rocks even if its "frowned upon". Like going out dancing without a care in the world with people ive only just met and having an amazing time. Oohh yeah. Living life is fun

Be well and jump sometime today.




No comments:

Post a Comment