Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 3 (third try to get it to upload)

My phone battery is going to die soon so ill keep it short with updates later or tomorrow.

Today was an awesome day. Easy riding in the morning gave me an average flat road speed of 15 mph (very nize). Cruzing along I decided to push further than my privious plan. This worked out great. Even though it rained all day (again) I was singing, bouncing in the saddle and generally appreciative to be free on the road. Ended up going 58 miles or so and it feels great (sore, but great).

I'm here now at lewis and clark park outside of Toldeo, WA and I'm camping in an old growth forest! How awesome is that? I decided to set up camp and relax. The mosquitos are a bit much, as it is so darn wet here in Washington state. I worked on some directions to portland, had a snack and headed out for a walk on the roads. Little did I know I would end up finding an awesome path through the woods! Only problem... I was wearing sandles. No matter, adventures are here to be had and darn it I'm going to have an adventure. The beauty was astounding (see picture). I can't even begin to explain how all this rain has just made the forest seem more alive. So envigorating after a long day on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment